JEE Main Exam Pattern
JEE Main Exam Pattern indicates the exam mode, type of question, marking scheme, etc. The JEE Main exam is a national level examination, which is organized to provide admissions in undergraduate engineering and architecture courses provided by NITs, IIITs and IITs. It is conducted in two parts i.e. paper 1 for engineering and paper 2 for architecture. Paper-1 is conducted in online as well as offline mode while paper is conducted in offline mode only. Through this article we are providing the detailed information about JEE Main Exam Pattern.
Age Limit & Date of Birth:
Please check out the IIT JEE Mains Eligibility 2018 Criteria based on the age limit for General/OBC/ST/SC/PWD Categories.
For General & OBC: As per the JEE Main Eligibility 2018, the candidates must have born after 1st October 1993 i.e. they must not age more than 24 Years while appearing in the exam. For ST/SC/PWD: The eligibility crite<>ria for JEE Mains 2018 says that the candidates belonging to any of these categories – ST, SC, PWD can be benefitted with 5 Years of Age Relaxation. This means that they must have born after 1st October 1988 (Upper Age Limit – 29 Years) to appear in the exam. No. of Attempts: The exam authorities have set a rule regarding JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria that the candidates will only be able to appear in the exam for 3 times. This means that any candidate can avail only 3 chances to give the JEE Mains Exam.
JEE Main Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Check the JEE Main 2018 exam pattern for paper-1 and paper-2 from here:
- Courses:The paper-1 of JEE Main 2018 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering
- Subjects:JEE Main Paper 1 will contain questions from chemistry, physics and mathematics
- Number of Questions:It will contain total 90 objective type Weightage to all subjects are given equal. Total 30 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Exam Duration:The exam duration will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability.
- Exam Mode:The mode of exam for paper-1 is online as well as offline. Students can appear the examination through CBT or PBT mode.
- Question Paper Medium:For all exam cities centres, the question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium. Candidates have to exercise the option of question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
- Marking Scheme:Each correct question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking:1/4 negative marking for every incorrect answer i.e. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- Courses:The paper-2 of JEE Main 2018 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate architecture
- Subjects:The JEE Main Paper 2 will comprises of three parts which are mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test.
- Number of Questions:This paper will consist total 50 questions for aptitude test, 2 questions for drawing test and 30 questions from mathematics.
- Exam Duration:The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability.
- Exam Mode:The mode of exam for paper-2 is offline only. No online mode is available for this paper.
- Question Paper Medium:Question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium.
- Marking System:Each objective type question will carry 4 marks for the correct response and 2 drawing questions contains total 70 marks.
- Negative Marking:For each incorrect response 1/4 of the total marks allotted to that question will be deducted from the total score.